ARH PRMc MultiReader
PRMc ePassport Reader
The TSSL Solutions e-Passport readers are designed to meet the latest demands in document reading technology from complex immigration tasks to basic data acquisition.
All readers provide outstanding image quality and highly accurate English and Traditional/Simplified Chinese optical character recognition (OCR).
The TSSL Solutions Compact e-Passport reader inspects travel documents, including chip embedded biometric passport booklets. It captures image and OCR data of the whole document data page, and at the same time it reads the content of the RFID chip in the e-Passport. Customer satisfaction is increased by its automation of data and image capturing process for travel and identification document.
- Built-in digital signal processor unit (DSP) – outstanding reading performance and stability, parallel processing
- RFID support – Reads ePassport chip data quickly, regardless of the position of the chip in the booklet
- Multiple travel documents inspection– ICAO compliant passports, Visa, Cards, HK Smart ID, China 2nd Generation Smart ID*, Macau ID, China Entry Permit
- Multiple illumination support (Visible, IR, UV)
- Automatic document type detection
- Automatic document capture – Device automatically senses document being placed on the reader and triggers document capture process
- Automatic face photo comparison on ePassport – Device automatically locates the face photo on the data page and compares it with the face photo stored in the ePassport chip (in DG2)
- Capture of high resolution colour image of whole document data page
- Photo extraction – an isolated photo of document holder can be saved
- High accuracy of OCR data capture – Reads both English and Simplified/Traditional Chinese Characters when used with 3rd party Chinese OCR engine
- Automatic data entry – All fields on document data page can be automatically extracted and saved, e.g. English name, Chinese name, ID no., gender, address etc.
- Customization to read other document as per user’s specific requirement
- Durable & Reliable – No movable parts. No consumables. Heavy-duty design. Stable operation. No warm-up time.
- Easy integration into any system, such as Database Management System.
- Flexibility – Possible to integrate in displays, kiosks, e-Gates, self-check-in desks or any automated access control terminals
|Size||213 mm × 173 mm × 179 mm (8.39” × 6.81” × 7.08”)|
|Weight||1.9 kg (4.19 lbs)|
|Glass||Scratch resistant tempered glass for robustness and durability|
|Active Scan Area||130 mm × 98 mm (5.12” × 3.86”)|
|Image Resolution||475 PPI|
|illumination||LED visible white, IR (B900), UVA|
|MRZ OCR reading||ICAO compliant documents per ICAO 9303 specification Part 1, Part 1v2, Part 2, Part 3 and Part 3v2 for Type ID-1, ID-2 and ID-3 MRZ Optical Character Recognition|
|Barcode reading||1D: UPC-A, EAN8, EAN13, Code39, Code128 and ITF
2D: PDF 417, Data Matrix, QR Code, Aztec Code
From paper based documents and mobile devices
AAMVA compliant PDF417 and IATA BCBP
|RFID Support||Reading and writing contactless ICs according to: ISO 14443 Type A & B,
All standardized rates up to 848 Kbps
|Smart Card Support||ISO 7816 Class A, AB and C, ISO 7816 & EMV2 2000 Level 1|
|Advanced Authentication Checks (optional)||VIZ and non-ICAO document reading
Automated verification based on document specific security features
in visible white, IR and UVA
Jura IPI (invisible personal information) verification
|Interface||ARH native, Twain, PC/SC, BioAPI 2.0, AssureID and Micros Opera|
|Power Supply||Universal external power supply, 100-240 V AC, 50/60 Hz|
|Operating temperature||5 °C to 45 °C (45 °F to 113 °F)|
|Humidity||0-95 % (non-condensing)|
|Case Material||Sturdy ABS-PC plastic|
|Supported Operating Systems||Windows 8.1, 8, 7, Vista (32/64 bit, WHQL certifed)
32/64 bit Server 2008 R2 and Server 2003
Linux Ubuntu, Debian, OpenSUSE, CentOS
|Programming Languages||C/C++, C#, Visual Basic 6.0, Delphi, VB.NET, Java|
|Compliance||FCC, CE, WEEE, RoHS|